A house can take weeks to dry out after a flood disaster or water damage due to fire or any other reason. The water which remains in these structures can cause rot and deterioration, which can adversely affect the stability of the building and as well as the interiors:
– Electrical outlets, wiring, and equipment can become corroded which is an added hazard. – Harmful contaminants such as asbestos can be carried throughout the structure in the flood waters. – Mould can set in destroying books, papers and more and causing serious health issues. – The carpet, underlay, and floors are wet including the concrete sub floor. – Gyprock walls and pine frame structures will absorb a large amount of water.
At Steamy’s Cleaning and Restoration, we have specialized equipment which will dry inside the walls, under the cupboards, inside the ceilings, crawl spaces, sub floors, and more. Our moisture detection equipment is state of the art, so we will know if there is still moisture in the structure which could lead to future problems. Steamys will make sure that there is no moisture left behind so that your house, as well as it’s occupants, are safe in years to come. Contact Steamys now!