5 Benefits of Steam Cleaning
Steam is the efficient, affordable and environmentally-friendly cleaning alternative to traditional methods involving mops, buckets and detergents. As we head into the heart of spring, learn about some of the benefits from the experts at Steamy’s Cleaning & Restoration!
Focusing less on cleaning for simple appearances and more on the added health benefits, steam cleaning is fast becoming the preferred method for keeping your home dirt, grime and allergen free.
To shed further light on the advantages of this method, we at Steamy’s have come up with 5 key benefits of using a steam cleaner for household cleaning:
1. Non Toxic: Steam cleaning kills 99.99% of bacteria and doesn’t require the use of toxic and potentially harmful chemicals such as bleach or ammonia. Only heat and water are used, leaving your house free from chemical residue and pollution.
2. Child & Pet Friendly: The non-toxic nature of steam cleaning makes your home a much safer environment for children and pets. A common chemical in many cleaning agents is Sodium Hypochlorite that has corrosive oxidising agents; if a child or pet was to make contact with surfaces still contaminated with residue it could burn their eyes, damage lungs, cause skin irritations or illness.
3. Allergies: People with allergies and asthma will benefit significantly from steam cleaning. As steam cleaning utilises only water and heat to create an all-natural steam that removes dirt and grime from any non-heat sensitive surface. This results in a cleaning method that won’t aggravate allergy symptoms or cause respiratory issues.
4. Affordable: Aside from the obvious health benefits, steam cleaning can end up saving you a lot of money over the long term. On top of the initial purchase, the only cost for steam cleaning is for the water and electricity used to heat it. Comparing that number with the repeated cost of purchasing detergents, cleaners and other products used throughout the home, and steam cleaning comes out on top.
5. Mould Removal: Once mould starts growing, particularly in the bathroom, it can produce harmful and deadly mycotoxins that can cause a host of health problems. Bleach does not actually kill mould; instead it just turns it white so it blends in with the surface. The high temperature of steam cleaning kills the mould while the bristles of attachments can remove it from the cracks and hard to reach places altogether.
For more information about how you can use the benefits of steam cleaning to improve your home this spring, contact Steamy’s Cleaning & Restoration on 1300 881 110.